India Design & Décor Market
- India’s design industry is booming due to the growing Indian real estate market, growing population, rising income levels, and urbanization.
- Designing services are in high demand due to the influence of social media, and changes in the living standards and lifestyle of the people.
- The home category’s broad segments of furnishings, furniture and décor have been growing with market share tilting from furniture to décor due to focus on upgrading interiors & décor to revamp the look of homes and offices
- The home category’s broad segments of furnishings, furniture and décor have been growing with market share tilting towards furniture and décor due to focus on upgrading interiors revamping the look of homes and offices.
- The market for interiors and renovation in India is estimated to range from US$ 20 to US$ 30 Billion.
- The overall home market is worth about US$ 20 billion, décor, furnishings, etc., contribute 25% or about US$ 5 billion.
- The décor category alone is expected to cross US$ 5.62 billion by 2021-22, from US$ 735 million in 2019-20.
- Rising demand for decor products such as wall hangings, rugs & carpets, handcrafted products, etc. is boosting India’s design & décor market.